Connect your Android phone or tablet to your TV using an HDMI cable
You can watch HBO GO on your TV by connecting your Android phone or tablet to your TV. To do this, you need:
- An Android device with HDMI out capability
- HBO GO app version 3.0 or later
- An HDTV that supports HDCP and has HDMI ports.
- An HDMI cable or adapter to connect your device to your TV.
Once you connect your Android phone or tablet to your TV, audio and video from your device should play on your TV.
If you have issues watching HBO GO on your TV, try the following:
- Disconnect both ends of your cable and reconnect the cable to your device and TV.
- If you're using an adapter, make sure the adapter is securely connected to your HDMI cable.
- Try connecting the HDMI cable to another HDMI port on your TV.
- Make sure your TV is set to the correct HDMI source.
- If video plays without sound, you might need to change the audio source on your TV or audio receiver.