Connect your Android phone or tablet to your TV using an HDMI cable
You can watch HBO GO on your TV by connecting your Android phone or tablet to your TV. To do this, you need:
- An Android device with HDMI out capability
- The latest version of the HBO GO app
- An HDTV that supports HDCP and has HDMI ports
- An HDMI cable or adapter to connect your Android device to your TV
Once you connect your Android phone or tablet to your TV, audio and video from your Android device should play on your TV. If this doesn't happen, try the following:
- Disconnect both ends of your cable and reconnect the cable to your Android device and TV.
- If you're using an adapter, make sure the adapter is securely connected to your HDMI cable.
- Try connecting the HDMI cable to another HDMI port on your TV.
- Make sure your TV is set to the correct HDMI source.
- If video plays without sound, you might need to change the audio source on your TV or audio receiver.
- Check to see if there's a software update for your Android device (go to Settings > Software Update (or Settings > About Phone > System Update on older versions of Android).
- Make sure you have the latest version of HBO GO installed (go to the Play Store on your Android device and see if there's an HBO GO update).
HBO GO verifies that your setup is HDCP compliant when you play a video. If you get an HDCP error, please see HDCP error.