How to start/stop getting HBO GO emails or notifications
We periodically send HBO show and movie recommendations, product updates, and special offers. To start or stop getting these emails, do either of the following:
- Go to HBOGO.com and in the upper-right corner choose Sign In (if needed).
- In the upper-right corner, choose the Profile icon and then Notifications.
- Mark or clear the Yes, send me updates check box.
Phone or tablet
- Open the HBO GO app and sign in (if needed).
- Tap the Profile icon and then tap the Settings icon (upper-right corner).
- Tap Notifications.
- Turn the HBO GO Newsletter option on or off.
To change the email address that receives the newsletter, see How do I change my profile information?
If you turn off email updates, you'll still receive email when you make changes to your profile (such as changing your email). You can also stop email updates, by choosing the Opt Out link at the end of an HBO GO email.
How do I turn notifications on or off?
When you open HBO GO on your phone or tablet for the first time, you'll be asked if you want to receive HBO GO push notifications. These notifications let you know about new HBO shows and movies, as well as other suggestions or notices.
If you want to turn notifications on/off, do the following:
Android or iOS device
- Open the HBO GO app and tap the Profile icon (sign in if needed).
- Tap the Settings icon (upper-right corner) and then Notifications.
- Tap Turn On/Off (beside App Notifications).
- Do one of the following:
- Android: Tap Show notifications or Notifications to turn HBO GO notifications on/off.
- iOS: Tap Notifications and then turn Allow Notifications on/off.