Activating/deactivating HBO GO on Apple TV (2nd or 3rd generation)
To activate HBO GO on your Apple TV, follow these steps:
- Open HBO GO on your Apple TV. If you don't see HBO GO on the Home screen, see How do I get HBO GO on my Apple TV?
- Navigate to Settings.
- Select Activate Device to get your activation code. Stay on this screen until you enter this code on your computer (as per the steps below).
- On your computer, go to HBOGO.com/activate and choose Apple TV.
- Choose your TV provider and then enter the username and password for your TV provider account. If you don't know your username and password, contact your TV provider. If you don't see your TV provider listed, then they don't currently support HBO GO on Apple TV. For more information, see Why doesn't my TV provider offer HBO GO?
- Enter the activation code displayed on your TV (from step 3), and then choose Activate Device
- You should see a "Success" message on your TV and computer. Sometimes it can take a few minutes for the activation to complete.
You're ready to start watching HBO GO!
- The activation code expires after 15 minutes. Choose Get New Code if the activation code expires, or if the code you enter isn't recognized.
- If you're having any trouble activating HBO GO on your Apple TV, go to I can't activate a device on my computer.
- For help signing in on your 4th generation Apple TV, see How do I sign in to HBO GO on my Apple TV?
How do I deactivate HBO GO on my Apple TV?
To deactivate HBO GO on your Apple TV (2nd and 3rd generation):
- Open the HBO GO on your Apple TV.
- Select Settings > Deactivate > Deactivate Now.
If you sold your Apple TV and forgot to deactivate HBO GO, we can deactivate devices linked to your HBO GO ID. Contact our support team to request a device deactivation.
Note: Not sure which Apple TV you have? Go to Identify your Apple TV model.