Troubleshooting MAX GO
Below is a list of common support issues and suggested MAX GO troubleshooting steps. For account or subscription related questions, contact your TV provider directly.
Can't sign in
You sign in to MAX GO using the username and password for your TV provider account. You can change or reset your username or password through your TV provider's website or customer support center. HBO does not have access to your sign-in information.
If you're having trouble signing to MAX GO, try the following steps:
- Make sure you can sign in on your TV provider's website. To do this, go to your TV provider's website and sign in with the username and password for your TV provider account. If you can't sign in, contact your TV provider. If you can sign in, try the next step.
- Try signing in on another device. Try signing in at MAXGO.com or download MAX GO on your phone or tablet and try signing in.
Can't sign in at MAXGO.com
If you can't sign in on your computer, try these additional steps:
- Check to see if there's an update available for your browser. To find out how to do this, search the Internet for update + the name of your browser (i.e. update Chrome).
- Try using another browser (e.g. Internet Explorer or Google Chrome). See supported browsers
- Clear your browser's cookies for MAXGO.com. To find out how to do this, search your browser's help for 'cookies.'
Video playback issues
To stream HD video, you need a high-speed connection with a minimum download speed of 5 Mbps.
When streaming video, MAX GO adjusts the video quality based on the strength of your network bandwidth and connection speed. If the network bandwidth is too low or the connection speed fluctuates, you might get a lower resolution video or no video.
How do I cancel MAX GO?
MAX GO is a free streaming service that's included with your paid Cinemax subscription through a TV provider. To cancel your Cinemax subscription, you need to contact your TV provider
Streaming on too many devices simultaneously
You can sign in to MAX GO on different devices, but the number of simultaneous streams is limited for security reasons. If you're getting a 'streaming on too many devices' message, try the following:
Have everyone in your household sign out of MAX GO. Then have each person sign back in and try playing a video again. If this doesn't help, have everyone in your household sign out and then restart their device. Now have each person sign back in and try playing a video again.
See also: Which devices is MAX GO available on?