Signing in and out of HBO GO on your iOS 10.2 device
Version 9.0 of the HBO GO app supports Apple's single sign-on feature available in iOS 10.2 or later. This means that you can sign in to your TV provider account once in iOS Settings, and apps such as HBO GO will use this information to sign you in.
How to set up Apple's single sign-on: On your iOS device, go to Settings > TV Provider and select your TV provider. Sign in with your username and password for that provider. To set up Apple's single-on for Apple TV, see How do I sign in to HBO GO on Apple TV.
Here's how to sign in to HBO GO on your iOS device:
- Make sure that you have iOS 10.2 or later.
- Install the HBO GO app from the App Store or if you've already installed HBO GO, check to see if there's an app update (you need HBO GO version 9.0 or later).
- Open HBO GO on your iOS device.
- Tap the Menu button and then tap Sign In.
- Tap Allow when you're asked if HBO GO can use your TV provider information.
- If you've activated Apple's Single sign-on, HBO GO will use your TV provider information to sign you in.
If you haven't set up Single sign-on:
- Tap your TV provider. If you don't see your TV provider, tap Other TV Providers and then choose your TV provider.
- Enter the username and password for your TV provider account.
You're signed in to HBO GO using your TV provider information.
For more information about Single sign-on, go to Apple Help: Use Single sign-on with your iOS device.
Here's how to sign out of HBO GO on your iOS device:
- Open the HBO GO app, tap the Menu button and then tap Settings.
- Scroll down and tap Sign Out.
If you're signed in using Single sign-on:
- In the Change Your iOS Settings dialog, choose Settings.
- Tap TV Provider.
- Under Allow Access to TV Subscription, turn off HBO GO. This will sign you out of HBO GO, but allow other apps to use your TV provider information. Alternatively, you can turn off single sign-on for all apps. To do this, tap your TV provider and then tap Sign Out.
Note To sign out of Apple's Single sign-on on your Apple TV, see How do I sign out of HBO GO on Apple TV (4th generation).