Signing in and out of HBO GO on iOS
The HBO GO app supports Apple's single sign-on feature available in iOS 10.2 or later. This means that you can sign in to your TV provider account once in iOS Settings, and then apps such as HBO GO will use this information to sign you in automatically.
How to set up Apple's single sign-on: On your iOS device, go to Settings > TV Provider and select your TV provider. Sign in with the username and password for your TV provider.
To sign in to HBO GO on Apple TV (tvOS, 4th generation and later), see How do I sign in on Apple TV.
Here's how to sign in to HBO GO on your iOS device:
- Make sure that you have iOS 10.2 or later.
- Install the HBO GO app from the App Store or if you've already installed HBO GO, check to see if there's an app update (you need HBO GO version 9.0 or later).
- Open HBO GO on your iOS device.
- Tap the Menu button and then tap Sign In.
- Tap Allow when you're asked if HBO GO can use your TV provider information.
- If you've already set up Single sign-in, HBO GO will use your TV provider information to sign you in.
Note: If you see the message "Sorry, [TV provider] doesn't support HBO GO. Do you want to sign in with another TV provider?," choose Yes, select your TV provider from the list, and sign in with your username and password (it may be that HBO GO doesn't support SSO for your TV provider, but you can manually sign in using your username and password for your TV provider account).
If you haven't set up Single sign-on:
- Choose your TV provider and then enter the username and password for your TV provider account.
Don't see your provider? Choose Other TV Providers at the bottom of the list and then choose your TV provider in HBO GO. Enter the username and password for your TV provider account.
You're signed in to HBO GO using your TV provider information.
For more information about Single sign-on, go to Apple Help: Use Single sign-on with your iOS device.
Here's how to sign out of HBO GO on your iOS device:
- Open the HBO GO app, tap the Menu button and then tap Settings.
- Scroll down and tap Sign Out.
If you're signed in using Single sign-on:
- When the Change Your iOS Settings dialog appears, tap Settings.
- Scroll down and tap TV Provider.
- Under Allow TV Provider To Access, turn off HBO GO. This will sign you out of HBO GO, but allow other apps to use your TV provider information. Alternatively, you can choose Remove TV Provider to turn off Single sign-on for all apps.
To sign out of HBO GO on Apple TV (tvOS, 4th generation and later), see How do I sign out on Apple TV.